8 oz chopped cooked (approx. 2 cooked 1lb lobsters)
1 finely diced
1 oz finely chopped
Dry white wine
2 oz shaved
Thyme, parsley and dill
1 tbsp total chopped
Risotto is a labour of love. Yes, it takes time and patience to make but it is worth every second put into the effort.
- In a heavy bottom, pan heat the oil up over medium heat. Sauté off the onion for several minutes until tender.
- Add in the rice and stir well until all of the rice is well coated in the oil.
- Add in the white wine and simmer until the wine has been fully absorbed.
- This is where the patients comes into making risotto. You need to add in the stock in stages stirring almost constantly. You will add in 4 oz of stock at a time and simmer over low to medium heat waiting each time until almost all of the stock has been absorbed by the rice.
- Once all of the stock has been added lower the heat even more and add in the cream, cheese, herbs, lobster and some of the seasoning.
- Simmer this mixture for another 2 minutes where the consistency should be fairly loose and could pour out easily at this stage.
- Taste to ensure that the seasoning is correct and adjust if needed. Serve immediately.