Coldwater Shrimp Risotto
Serving Size: 4 – 6 servings as a main course; 6 -8 servings as a side
Fish stock, vegetable stock, or water
6 – 7 cups
Unsalted butter or olive oil
Fresh dill, chopped
1 – 2 tbsp
Cold water shrimp
340 g (12 oz)
Salt and pepper
- Bring stock and wine to a simmer.
- In a separate pan heat the butter or olive oil.
- Add onion and sauté without browning.
- Add rice and stir to coat.
- Slowly add hot wine mixture, 125 ml (½ cup) at a time, stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding next portion of liquid.
- Keep adding liquid until rice is tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add lemon juice, zest, dill and shrimp. Stir well
- Season to taste with salt and pepper