Baked Oysters with Red Pepper Cream
Serves: 4 (6 oysters per person)
1 cup, brunoise
Apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons, chopped
- Shuck 24 oysters. Set up on tin foil and cookie sheet as in video. Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a pot, add cooking oil and turn burner to medium heat. Once oil is hot, sweat brunoise red pepper for 7-9 mins, ensuring the preppers do not colour while sweating.
- Add heavy cream to pot with red peppers and gently simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Bake oysters in oven at 400F for 10 minutes.
- While oysters are baking, add all remaining ingredients to sauce on low heat and simmer together for two minutes. Shut off sauce.
- Remove oysters from oven and add 1/2 teaspoon of sauce to each baked oyster. Top oysters and sauce with bread crumbs and broil in oven on high for an additional 2 minutes or breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove oysters from oven, serve.